The recent “BORN PINK” concert by BLACKPINK in Seoul drew a star-studded audience, a common occurrence at such high-profile events. However, the attendance of the popular girl group aespa prompted significant excitement among netizens.
Despite their demanding tour schedule and a lengthy flight back to Korea, the aespa members graced the event with their presence after receiving invitations.
A Heartwarming Bond Between K-Pop Groups
This display of camaraderie between K-pop groups delighted fans, who couldn’t help but appreciate aespa’s adorable behavior during the concert, cementing their status as devoted BLINKs.
Yet, what caught the attention of netizens even before the show began was aespa’s relatable demeanor. Prior to BLACKPINK taking the stage, two aespa members were spotted casually passing the time on their smartphones.
— 🍚 (@_rn_jm) September 17, 2023
A video circulating on social media showed Karina engrossed in a mobile game, while Winter was seen solving a sudoku puzzle.
So Karina playing jewel puzzle and Winter playing sudoku before blackpink’s concert start. These two😭😭 pic.twitter.com/CBWTxFT0NX
— karina’s wife (@ujiminphoria) September 17, 2023
While fans appreciated this candid moment of the members enjoying themselves like regular individuals, it also sparked concerns among some.
Netizens pointed out that in such public settings, there’s a risk of fans or curious onlookers glimpsing the content on their phones, potentially exposing private information that could be misused.
- “There is rlly no privacy.. I’m not an idol but even I don’t like having ppl look at my phone screen “
- “all fun and cute but aespa girlies really need to use privacy glasses for their phones”
- “that doesn’t work from the back because it will still seem like facing front. that privacy screen only works from the side”
- “it can atleast restrict viewing angles and the girls know better not to open private apps publicly but we’ll never know. people can still put them in trouble for as simple as their wallpapers”
- “Same thought crossed my mind… like what would I do if my phone screen was on display for the internet to see”
- “Now that I think about it, they can’t really scroll their social medias on their phone at that time since the people at the back will be nosy af”
The juxtaposition of celebrities engaging in ordinary activities can sometimes pose safety concerns, as even the most innocuous actions may carry unforeseen risks for public figures.
In an industry where maintaining personal security is paramount, the incident serves as a reminder that celebrities must strike a delicate balance between living their lives and protecting their privacy.
Meanwhile,It’s yet another comeback season, and your favorite 4th-generation K-pop girl groups are set to return to the music scene! From NMIXX to LE SSERAFIM and more, here are the 5 female groups you should anticipate.