Notice Regarding SEVENTEEN’s 11th Mini Album Beijing Teaser
Hello, this is PLEDIS Entertainment.This is an announcement regarding the Beijing teaser video for SEVENTEEN’s 11th mini-album, SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN.
On September 23, at 2:14 PM China time, we released a “Beijing Ver.” of the “SVT RIGHT HERE” teaser, one of the promotional contents of SEVENTEEN’s 11th mini-album, SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN.
The said version was made with chamomile flowers in the background of the Great Wall of China, a representative cultural heritage symbolizing China. However, fans pointed out that there was a lack of cultural understanding and respect for the Great Wall after the video was released.
Therefore, the Beijing version of the video was quickly deleted. We apologize for the inconvenience to our fans, and we will pay more attention in the future.
In the future, we will try to create content that fans from various countries, regions, and cultures can all enjoy together.
[공지] 세븐틴 미니 11집 베이징 티저 영상 관련 안내
[公告] SEVENTEEN 11th Mini Album Beijing版本预告视频相关公告
세븐틴 미니 11집 ‘세븐틴스 헤븐 (SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN)’ 베이징 티저 영상 관련 안내드립니다.
당사는 9월 23일 중국 현지 시각…
— 세븐틴(SEVENTEEN) (@pledis_17) September 23, 2023
original post: here
1. I was curious and found out about this, I don’t understand the issue and why thye apologized
svt 너 미쳤어😨🙃？일본 한국은 모두 상가인데？어떻게 만리장성을 엔터테인먼트 홍보로 사용할 수 있습니까? 중국 연예인 중 누구도 감히 만리장성으로 선전을 할 엄두가 나지 않았다. 그럼 한국 홍보 영화와 미국 홍보 영상은 경복궁과 자유의 여신을 쓰지 않나요? pic.twitter.com/nYPEnwrDWD
— nini🧸 (@ninibear11234) September 23, 2023
“Seventeen, are you crazy? Japan and Korea are all commercial district? How can you use the Great Wall of China to promote as entertainment? None of the Chinese celebrities dared to promote the Great Wall of China. Then why don’t the Korean and American promotional films use Gyeongbokgung Palace and the Statue of Liberty?”
2. They shouldn’t have let this one passㅠㅠ They’ll let it pass once and they’ll always believe that they have a say in everything they do ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3. Don’t do anything related to China anymore then ㅋㅋㅋ They’re complaining all te time
4. They also wrote bullsh*t about the yellow dust in the comments
5. Why would they apologize?
6. Where’s the issue here…
7. It’s just the best to not be associated with them
8. China sure keeps us on check way too f*cking much..ㅋㅋㅋ As expected
9. I’m so tired with the fact that they’re keeping us in check like that
10. It’s nice that they gave a feedback quickly though?